September General Meeting
September 27th 7PM Camp Friendship, 339 8th street Agenda:
CBID September 2018 General Meeting Notes:
Asher’s opening notes:
- Thanking everyone for the NY State primary – good job everyone!
- County Committee is having a meeting tonight
- Zellnor won by less than $3k votes and in the 36th he won 3,900 to 3,6000 – boots on the ground did the job!
- Zellnor was going to come – stuck at County – which is true for many electeds
- Acknowledging the people down in DC supporting Dr. Ford testimony to stop Kavanaugh
- Katy – Director of the Campaign for NY Health is discussing the bill, the New York Health Act, for single payer so we can understand it better
- Universal guaranteed healthcare / = single-payer
- Predicting 50% increases on private healthcare + huge deductibles
- All the candidates who running against IDC are supporting this plan
- Kevin Parker is here – and he supports the bill as do others
- We need this more than ever now – and we will need waivers from DC – this is a concern – we need waivers etc.
- They have a back-up plan to make healthcare more affordable even without help from DC
- The Republicans and opponents are scared, we have evidence – they have formed an anti-single payer group – go to Realities of Single Payer.com – spreading misinformation
- City Council has set up an information campaign, and – you can ask your city councilmember
How are we going to pay for it? Read More