The CBID Judiciary Committee has reviewed the credentials for three candidates for 3 Brooklyn-wide Civil Court judgeships. A fourth candidate, whom we also reviewed, has recently withdrawn from consideration.
The committee also reviewed the credentials for six candidates for a single vacancy in the Sixth Civil Court District.
On June 1, 2017 at 7:00p.m. the club will hold its endorsement meeting at the Greenwood Baptist Church, 461 6th St, Brooklyn (at the corner of 6th St. and Seventh Ave.)
- Isiris Isela Isaac, Law Clerk, Brooklyn Justice Shawndya Simpson
- Connie Melendez, Law Clerk, Supreme Court for Justice Marsha Steinhardt
- David Pepper, Law Clerk, Justice Martin Solomon
- Thomas Kennedy, Associate, Glancy Prongay & Murray LLP
Sixth District candidates:
- Rodney L. Pepe-Souvenir, CUNY, Title IX Coordinator and Associate Director of Diversity and Compliance
- Hemalee J. Patel, court attorney-referee, Supreme Court, Staten Island
- Derefim B. Neckles, court attorney referee, Supreme Court, Brooklyn
- Ellen E. Edwards, managing attorney of general practice firm, Edwards & Associates
- Elena Baron, law clerk for Judge Andrew Borrok
- Rupert V. Barry, criminal defense practice at Law Office of Rupert V. Barry
- Patria Frias-Colon, Brooklyn borough chief, Family Court Division